The University Alumni Awards recognize and celebrate the outstanding achievements of our alumni each year from six different areas, as well as one recent graduate award. The awards are presented to alumni who have provided distinguished service to the University, their profession and/or their community. Alumni from the following areas are recognized annually:
Manning School of Business
Graduate School of Education
Francis College of Engineering
College of Fine Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
School of Health & Environment
College of Sciences
The next University Alumni Award Celebration will be held April 18, 2013.
Can I nominate myself?
Yes, self-nominations are welcomed.
Who can be nominated for excellence recognition?
Any alumnus/a who has received a degree from UMass Lowell or any of its predecessor institutions. The nominees for these awards have demonstrated exceptional leadership and commitment, and have made significant contributions in a variety of areas, such as their professional field, community outreach efforts or University alumni activities.
In nominating individuals, please consider those alumni whose professional achievements demonstrate the following qualities:
– Acts in an ethical manner by putting the health and welfare of the public interest first, communicating openly and consistently demonstrating professional integrity.
– Not satisfied with the status quo; valuing creativity and well-considered risk-taking as a means to achieving success.
– Has the courage and energy to step outside the existing culture, to start evolutionary, meaningful and sustainable change by creating new realities and moving people to purposeful action to overcome political, bureaucratic and resource barriers.
– Capable, lifelong learners, who model the competencies associated with their fields, specialty or area of expertise.
– Exhibits civility, empathy and restraint.
– Accountable, takes ownership and is receptive to feedback, whether favorable or unfavorable.
– Works cooperatively in a collegial and supportive manner to meet common goals.
Nomination and selection process:
Anyone can nominate an alumnus/a for an award. All nominations will be reviewed and voted on by a University committee consisting of faculty, staff and alumni.
Click here to view past Honorees
Please complete and submit the nomination form by December 1, 2012