UMass Lowell sincerely thanks you for your generosity and support. Here are several ways you can make your gift:
Give online by visiting www.uml.edu/givenow
Give to Athletics using our athletic online giving form
Mail your gift:
- Make your check payable to University of Massachusetts Lowell.
- Note on the memo part of your check how you would like to designate your gift, or attach a note to that effect. If you do not include a designation, your gift will be used for area of greatest need at UMass Lowell.
Office of University Advancement
Southwick Hall 250
One University Avenue
Lowell, MA 01854
Call to make your gift over the phone:
Credit cards and checks:
Make checks payable to UMass Lowell.
Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted.
Your gift can be doubled or even tripled if your (or your spouse’s) employer offers a matching gift program. Go to www.matchinggifts.com/uml
to find out.
include a wide variety of options, such as bequests, life-income gifts, retirement plans, life insurance policies, and other estate intentions. Planned gifts can be funded through a wide variety of assets, including cash and marketable securities, real estate, art collections, closely held business assets and intellectual property.
Stock and Security Gifts
Gifts of stock and security
, including appreciated long-term securities (stocks, bonds and mutual fund shares) may generate very favorable tax benefits for the donor. At the time the gift is made, the donor may receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of such securities if owned for more than 12 months.
Tax Deductions and Deadlines
UMass Lowell, under IRS law, qualifies as a charitable and tax-exempt organization. If an individual makes a charitable gift to UMass Lowell, that gift enables the donor to take an income tax deduction. A gift of cash can be deducted against up to 50 percent of the donor’s adjusted gross income with any excess deducted against up to five successive tax years. A gift of appreciated assets can be deducted against up to 30 percent of the donor’s adjusted gross income. Any excess charitable tax deduction can also be deducted against up to five successive tax years.
Calendar year charitable gift deadlines for donors filing U.S. federal tax returns:
- Credit card gifts: Must be charged to your account by 11:59 pm (EST) on the last Friday in December.
- Stock gifts: Must be received by the last Friday in December.
- Mutual fund gifts: Must be received by the last Friday in December.
- Checks: Envelope must be postmarked by December 31.